Economic Development Committee
About the CommitteeThe Economic Development Committee (EDC) advises Council on matters relating to the economic well being of Maple Ridge and makes recommendations to Council relating to the economic development of Maple Ridge.
The EDC is focused on the retention and expansion of existing business and attracting new industrial and commercial investment to create high value, local jobs. In coordination with the Economic Development Office the EDC may:
- advise Council on matters related to strengthening our economy
- provide strategic input for consideration of Council
- contribute to annual business plan and performance measures
- act as an ambassador profiling economic opportunities in Maple Ridge
VisionMaple Ridge is a community of passion, choice and opportunity. We welcome diversity and provide a safe and secure environment, for residents and visitors alike. The economy is balanced and stable, providing jobs to residents. Maple Ridge is a green community that values the environment and will work to balance land protection and green zones with job creation and sound development. Low-density living will coexist with smart development in the urban core, where a revitalized downtown will provide a new focus for community, cultural and economic activities.
MissionThe Maple Ridge EDC is experienced and interested group of volunteers, passionate about the future of Maple Ridge and intent on serving as a beacon for local government and the community. The Commission does not directly create new economic activity or jobs. Its role is to provide advice to the Economic Development Office and Council, with a view to positively influence the local business climate, facilitating economic growth and providing guidance to the community on economic development issues. It does this by planning in a strategic manner to achieve the goals related to economic growth and sustainability.
- Meetings are held at City Hall, 11995 Haney Place, Maple Ridge. Please see specific dates for meeting room location.
- Commission Bylaw
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
MembersThe Economic Development Committee (EDC) is comprised of seven members, which include six members selected at large and one Council member.
The currently appointed members are:
- Josef Lara, CEO, Big Bang Innovation Services Inc., Chair
- Nicole Archer, Real Estate Professional and Manager, Valley Fair Mall
- Chrislana Gregory, Maple Ridge Town Centre Commercial and Residential Property Owner
- Tom Meier, Principal, Johnston Meier Insurance
- Oliver Perez, Owner, MultitrendsITNet Servers, Managed IT Service Providers
- Alexander Wells, Owner, Work Here