Economic Development Committee
MembersThe Economic Development Committee (EDC) is comprised of seven members, which include six members selected at large and one Council member.
The currently appointed members are:
- Josef Lara, CEO, Big Bang Innovation Services Inc., Chair
- Nicole Archer, Real Estate Professional and Manager, Valley Fair Mall
- Chrislana Gregory, Maple Ridge Town Centre Commercial and Residential Property Owner
- Tom Meier, Principal, Johnston Meier Insurance
- Oliver Perez, Owner, MultitrendsITNet Servers, Managed IT Service Providers
- Alexander Wells, Owner, Work Here
About the CommitteeThe Economic Development Committee (EDC) advises Council on matters relating to the economic well being of Maple Ridge and makes recommendations to Council relating to the economic development of Maple Ridge.
The EDC is focused on the retention and expansion of existing business and attracting new industrial and commercial investment to create high value, local jobs. In coordination with the Economic Development Office the EDC may:
- advise Council on matters related to strengthening our economy
- provide strategic input for consideration of Council
- contribute to annual business plan and performance measures
- act as an ambassador profiling economic opportunities in Maple Ridge