Racquet Sports & Courts
Racquetball, Squash, Wallyball & Indoor Sport Courts
Courts are located on the second floor of the Fitness Centre inside the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre. There are:
- Two Racquetball Courts
- One Squash Court
- The Racquetball Courts can be used for Wallyball or Badminton.
Book A Court Online Save time, book online.
Who Can Use the Courts?
Anyone 13 years and over can access the sport courts. Children 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult /guardian at all times. Note: Youth 13-15 yrs require a valid Youth Access Pass to be in the Fitness Centre and use any fitness or weight equipment.
- Children and youth under 16 years must wear appropriate sized goggles while in the courts for racquetball and squash. If goggles do not fit, the child is too young to play or be in the courts.
- The wallyball or badminton kit is available at the front desk at no extra cost. The kit contains a net that needs to be screwed into the designated holes in the walls of the court.
- All equipment signed-out requires Photo ID (drivers license or a credit card) to hold during your court reservation.
- Footwear should be appropriate for the sport and must not mark or damage the floor.
Facility Admission: (Taxes not included)
All patrons accessing the Leisure Centre are required to pay a drop-in admission or have a membership pass. This includes access and use of the sport courts. Admission also includes access to the pools, gymnasium and drop-in programs.
Equipment Available: (FREE to sign-out with ID)
A court can be booked up to one week in advance either online with your pin number or through the front desk Customer Service staff by phone 604-467-7322 or in person. Please note that courts are released after 15 minutes if reserved group does not show up. Please call Customer Service to cancel.
Court Sport Descriptions
For information on the racquetball ladder please email Brendan Dyer or text 604-374-5613.
For player assessments and information on the Squash Community (games, league, practice skill sessions, lessons, etc) contact: Joel Geschke or Squash Maple Ridge
A game played on a four-walled court similar to volleyball. The volleyball is allowed to bounce once against the ceiling or one of the walls before being returned over the net; using hand serves and volleys.
Like wallyball (or volleyball) but played with a soccer ball and utilizing your feet instead of your hands.
A racquet sport which combines elements of badminton, tennis and table tennis.
Contact: May Johnson
Indoor Drop-in Schedule:
Outdoor Pickelball Courts:
- Garibaldi Tennis Courts (2)
- Hammond Stadium Park Tennis Courts.
Discover one of the many community tennis courts available for use.