Plumbing inspections are required during various phases of a project. It is up to the permit holder to arrange for inspections via:
- the inspection request line 604-467-7380,
- the email request line, or
- fax at 604-467-7461
ALLinspection requests, including those left on our Inspection Request phone line, must provide ALL of the following information:
- Correct Plumbing permit number;
- Type of inspection requested (per list below);
- Correct street address of the property to be inspected, for each type of permit.
- For multi building sites include each plumbing permit for each building being inspected.
- For apartment buildings include the floor and unit numbers being inspected.
Note: it is recommended using the email request line when calling for multiple inspections on different buildings.
We regret to inform you that no inspections will be registered and no inspections will take place if the above information is not provided.
- CALL FOR A SERVICES INSPECTION: After the installation of foundation drains, dampproofing and drain rock, sanitary sewer lines, storm sewer lines, water lines, sumps, are complete, but prior to backfilling of foundations. This inspection only is called under the building permit number.
- CALL FOR AN UNDERGROUND PLUMBING INSPECTION: After all underground Plumbing DWV Construction is complete, but prior to the placing of backfill or concrete. (System must be filled with water and holding)
- CALL FOR A RADIANT HEAT ROUGH-IN INSPECTION (separate permit): After the installation of in slab radiant heat piping where required, but prior to the pouring of concrete slabs or toppings. This is a separate plumbing permit from the main plumbing permit.
- CALL FOR A PLUMBING ROUGH-IN DWV INSPECTION: After the installation of all above slab interior drain waste and vent piping is complete and a water test is installed. (System must be filled with water and holding)
- CALL FOR A WATER PIPE, TUBS & TRAPS INSPECTION: After water piping is installed and a 200psi test is placed on the lines, bur prior to framing inspection.
- CALL FOR A FINAL PLUMBING INSPECTION: A final plumbing inspection must be performed on all plumbing permits including radiant heat prior to the final building inspection.
EVERY PERMIT IS ISSUED UPON THE CONDITION THAT:
- Construction is to be started within 6 months from the date of issuance. An inspection on each permit is required and must pass within this time frame to verify construction commencement.
- Construction is not to be discontinued or suspended for a period of more than 12 months.
- The permit is no longer valid if conditions 1 and 2 noted above are violated.
- The exterior of the building is completed within 6 months of the date of commencement of construction.
- An Occupancy Permit is required prior to moving people or contents into any building.
- If all inspectors approve for provisional occupancy, a Provisional Occupancy Permit may be issued for a limited period of time. Permit fee and security is required for this.
- Occupancy of a building without first obtaining an Occupancy or Provisional Occupancy Permit may result in penalties as stated in the City of Maple Ridge Building Bylaw.
- For any inspections to be conducted, the permit package, all prior inspection slips and engineering reports must be on site for all inspections including plumbing, gas, electrical, sprinkler and building.
- For renovations or additions or where contents have been installed in a dwelling, a person of the age of majority must be present while inspections are being conducted. Should no one be present or be under age, the requested inspection will not be conducted.
- All pets must be secured prior to inspectors attending the site.
- Permit card must be posted as soon as construction commences. This card must be posted in such a position as to be clearly visible from the street at all times and protected from weathering.