It is really quite simple to become a volunteer. Following the five simple steps:
- Go to the City of Maple Ridge’s volunteer website.
- Login to your account:
- Returning Volunteer: Welcome back and proceed to login with your previous login information. If you forget your username or password you can reset it on this page as well.
- New Volunteer: Thank you for joining the team of everyday heroes. Create a new account on the left side.
- After completing the online registration process, you will be contacted by the Emergency Management Office regarding your application.
- The Emergency Management Office will ensure you have all the required forms needed to be completed; such as criminal record check forms.
- Once the office receives all completed forms, a member of the Volunteer Management Team will connect with you for a short interview.
We ask that all ESS volunteers take the Introduction to Emergency Support Services
training (self study test), participate in simulated exercises and attend a wide variety of core training courses which are offered on a monthly basis. For information on specific positions within the Emergency Programs see Volunteer Job Descriptions
Please note, the minimum age to volunteer for the Emergency Programs is 18 years old (or 16 with parental consent).
For further information, please call at 604-476-3343 or email the Emergency Program