Audit & Finance Committee
About the Committee
The Audit and Finance Committee is a standing committee of Council and is appointed by the Mayor.
The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- meet with the external auditors appointed by Council and with the Finance Department staff to review that:
- the City has implemented appropriate systems to identify, monitor and mitigate significant business risks;
- the City has implemented appropriate systems of internal control to ensure compliance with legal, ethical and regulatory requirements and that these systems are operating effectively;
- the City has implemented appropriate systems of internal control to ensure compliance with its policies and procedures and these systems are operating effectively;
- the City has implemented appropriate systems of internal control over financial reporting and that these systems are operating effectively;
- the City's annual financial statements are fully presented in all material respects in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, the selection of accounting policies is appropriate and the annual financial statements should be approved by Council;
- the information contained in the annual report and other disclosures is accurate, complete and fairly presents the financial position and the risks of the organization; and
- the external audit function has been effectively carried out and any matter that the external auditors wish to bring to the attention of Council has been given adequate attention.
- to review interim financial reports as deemed appropriate by the Chair of the committee;
- to recommend to Council the reappointment or appointment of external auditors
- to review the Business Planning framework;
- to review organizational metrics; and
- to inquire into any matters referred to it by Council.
The Maple Ridge Audit & Finance Committee meets on a monthly basis, except in August & December. The meeting schedule is posted on the City's event calendar.
All meetings are open to the public, unless the subject matter being considered falls within an applicable subsection of Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval by the Committee.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
Mayor Mike Morden (Chair)
Councillor Judy Dueck
Councillor Ahmed Yousef
Email Catherine Nolan
Tel: 604-463-5221, ext 7468