Municipal Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness
About the Committee
The Municipal Advisory Committee on Accessibility and Inclusiveness (MACAI) advises Council on the enhancement of accessibility and inclusivity for present and future citizens. MACAI strives to remove the social, physical and psychological barriers that prevent people from fully participating in all aspects of community life. The committee's focus is to create equal access in the areas of employment, education, housing, transportation and recreation. Projects include sensitivity training for municipal staff and residents to create a greater awareness regarding accessibility issues, public facility design consultations and an annual award program.
Meetings MACAI typically meets on the third Thursday every second month at 4:30 pm and alternates meeting locations between Maple Ridge City Hall and Pitt Meadows City Hall.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
MembersMACAI's member composition is as follows:
- Council liaison from the City of Maple Ridge (or alternate)
- Council liaison from the City of Pitt Meadows (or alternate)
- School District No. 42 representative (or alternate)
- Fraser Health representative (or alternate)
- Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Family Education and Support Centre representative (or alternate)
- Three Members at Large from Maple Ridge, appointed by City of Maple Ridge Council, with a goal of representation from the youth and seniors communities, and interest and/or expertise in accessibility and inclusivity matters
- One Member at Large from Pitt Meadows, appointed by City of Pitt Meadows Council, with a goal of representation from the youth and seniors communities, and interest and/or expertise in accessibility and inclusivity matters
Standing Invitation Members (non-voting):
- Ministry of Children and Family Development representative
- Ministry of Social Development and Innovation representative
- Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living representative
- BC Special Olympics representative
We'd Love to Hear From You!
Do you have an idea or concern regarding accessibility in our community? Our meetings are open to the public. Come out to a meeting to learn more about the work of the committee and provide your point of view. Or email your idea or concern directly to Petra Frederick.
BC Opportunities Fund
The Opportunities Fund Program is a financial assistance program designed to assist persons with a disability obtain employment.
Tel: 604-463-5221, ext 5279
Thu Feb. 20
Thu Apr. 16
Thu Jun. 18
Thu Sep. 17