My House Wants to Audition
Location Scouts Are on the Lookout
Film production is an exciting industry and BC residents are in on that action. Filming in our community creates opportunities for Maple Ridge residents to earn a little money and of course have a great story to tell your friends and family.
Location scouts are always on the lookout for a variety of looks, from bungalows and heritage homes to huge mansions on acreages and everything in between. The following are guidelines to consider when photographing your property:
- Start with the outside of your house.
- Photograph your neighbourhood street looking both ways.
- Take a wide photo of the house, driveway and yard.
- Take a wide photo of the back yard and back of house.
- Photograph the inside of the house one room at a time.
- Pay attention to any special features (bay windows, pool, stairways).
- Try to duplicate the experience of someone arriving at the location walking through the building.
- Stand on one side of the room you are photographing and take a picture.
- Next, take a "reverse" shot by walking over to the opposite side of the room and take a photograph of the area in which you were just standing.
- Show entrances in your photos if possible.
Once you have a selection of photos, please email them or contact the Film Liaison. Please include your address and contact information along with your photo collection.
You may also wish to register with Creative BC
to list your property in BC’s location database.