The Maple Ridge / Pitt Meadows ESS Pet Committee develops and exercises plans to care for Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows pet population in the event of a major disaster such as floods, fires or earthquakes.
This specialized team will work with partner agencies to set up and manage the emergency pet centre when required. This team will also be responsible to maintain an inventory of supplies and source local providers of perishable goods.
If you love pets of all shapes and sizes and want to work in a team dedicated to providing a safe haven for animals after a disaster, consider this unique opportunity. All required training will be provided and facilitated through the City’s Emergency Support Services Office.
- Be an advocate for emergency preparedness
- Set up, staff and deactivate the emergency pet centre during disasters
- Meet monthly or as needed to train, exercise and develop plans for ESS.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of BCEMS/Incident Command System
- Knowledge of the City’s Emergency Support Services Program and related topics
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Introduction to ESS
- Introduction to Reception Centres
- Related training in emergency pet care
- Available to attend most scheduled committee meetings
- Participate in ESS exercises
- Take required training courses provided by Emergency Support Services Programs