Welcome to the Gymnasium at the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre! We are currently open for registered activities only.
- As a Province and with respect to Sport, we are expected to follow the order which states no travel outside of your community. By registering and attending the MRLC, you are confirming you are from the Ridge Meadows community.
- In line with viaSport Return to Sport Guidelines, Pickleball has established guidelines for the safety of all involved. Doubles play is not allowed at this time. Singles play within your own household (or core bubble) is allowed.
- The Youth Basketball timeslots are limited to individual skill development with a max of two people per hoop. No scrimmaging or game play is allowed at this time.
- We will continue to monitor and evaluate (weekly) gymnasium use and modify activity levels based on the direction of Provincial Sport Organizations and the Province of BC.
- Pickleball & Youth Basketball: We encourage all patrons to bring their own equipment. If you do not have your own equipment, please speak to a Fitness Centre Supervisor during your timeslot. Parks, Recreation & Culture provides pickleball nets and basketball hoops.
- Learn more about the City's response to COVID-19 here.
Masks Required at All Times
Masks must be worn at all times in our facility including the Fitness Centre (even while exercising at an individual station), Gymnasium, Aquatics area (pool deck and change area with the exception of the water) and common areas (lineups, hallways, lobby, entrances, etc). Read the Masks Required tab on our Registration Page for full details.
How to Register
To register for a Gymnasium timeslot please visit our online registration page or call 604-467-7422. Since reopening our facilities and due to COVID-19, all drop-in programs have required registration. Examples include drop-in use of the Fitness Centre, Group Fitness classes, Gymnasium, etc.
As of March 17, all memberships were frozen as the MRLC shut down due to COVID-19. Members have the option to unfreeze their account or continue paying single admission pay as you go with their account being frozen.
Please be aware of the following:
- Once a membership pass holder has chosen to unfreeze their account, they cannot re-freeze it.
If patrons choose to continuing freezing their account and pay-as-they-go for the registered Gymnasium timeslots. Admission rates, including GST, are below.
- Adult: $6.00
- Youth: $4.10
- Senior: $4.10
You may book back-to-back drop-in timeslots at no extra cost for the Gymnasium.
If you have questions or feedback about programming, please email us. You can contact our Customer Experience team at 604-467-7422.
- Do I have to use my membership to pay for my Gymnasium timeslot?
- Why do I have to register for a Gymnasium timeslot instead of dropping in?
- How has the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre changed to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
- What do I need to bring to my registered Gymnasium timeslot?
- How do I gain access to the facility for my Gymnasium timeslot?