The Maple Ridge Leisure Centre (MRLC) pools reopened September 28 with safety measures in place that align with Public Health Orders, BC’s Restart Plan and industry specific guidelines including the British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) and Lifesaving Society (LSS). Explore this page to learn about the registered drop-in programming that's available at the pool!
Looking for Swimming Lessons?
Check out our Winter Guide or visit our Registration Page to explore Swimming Lessons
Looking for Water Group Fitness Classes/Aquafit?
Parks, Recreation & Culture staff are excited to bring back select land and water Group Fitness Classes to the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre starting January 18 with registration beginning January 17 at 8:00 AM! We are offering a variety of low impact land and water classes per the latest Public Health Order and plan to reintegrate high intensity classes when it is safe to do so. Visit our Group Fitness Classes page for full details.
Masks Required in Our Recreation Facilities
Masks are required in common areas like line-ups (indoors and outdoors), the lobby, hallway, change rooms and washrooms. Physical distancing continues to be required, even in spaces where you and others are masked. Remember to wash your hands frequently. Your safety is our priority! Please ask our Customer Experience team if you have questions. If you do not comply with safety measures, our team reserves the right to address your behaviour and may ask you to leave the building if your or others' safety is at risk. Masks should not be worn in the pool or on the pool deck.
Read our Safety Plan here!
How to Register
The most up to date pool schedule is available online. You can register for pool activities both online and over the phone (604-467-7422). Please note that we have temporarily removed the PDF version of the pool schedule due to recent, temporary cancellations per the November 7 Provincial Health Order.
Anyone looking to register must have a PerfectMind (our registration software) account. If you do not have one you can set one up by visiting our registration website or by calling 604-467-7422.
Registered Pool Activities
May take place in either the teach or the competition pool. Lanes will be double lanes with different lanes for various speeds. You are welcome to bring your own kickboard or pull-buoy. No equipment will be available for use at the facility. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum numbers for each lane.
Group Public Swims | $22 Per Group
To ensure we are in compliance with Provincial Health Orders as of November 7 impacting our region, all attendees of the Group Public Swims must now reside in one household.
Registrants will have exclusive use of half the leisure pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Maximum 10 participants residing in the same household only. For further information on current Provincial Health Orders, visit BC’s Response to COVID-19 webpage.
Individual Registration - Public Swim | Regular Admission Fees Apply
You will have access to the entire leisure pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Physical distancing will be required between you and other registrants. All participants must be registered prior to entry.
Water Walking | Regular Admission Fees Apply
The Leisure Pool will be available for water walking allowing those who are enjoying their fitness routine or using the water for rehabilitative activities the time and space to do so. No equipment will be available at this time. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum number for each lane.
As of March 17, all memberships were frozen as the MRLC shut down due to COVID-19. Members have the option to unfreeze their account or continue paying single admission pay as you go with their account being frozen.
- Once a membership pass holder has chosen to unfreeze their account, they cannot re-freeze it.
- You will be able to access your timeslot fifteen minutes past the start time; however, patrons that arrive after the 15 minutes will be denied entrance to the Leisure Centre and forfeit their registration.
Patrons may choose to keep their account frozen and pay-as-they-go for the registered Fitness Centre timeslots. Activities will cost our regular admission rates unless otherwise stated. Regular admission rates, including GST, are below:
- Adult: $6.00
- Youth: $4.10
- Senior: $4.10
If you have questions or feedback about programming, please email us. You can contact our Customer Experience team at 604-467-7422.
We recommend reading the full FAQ (below) prior to your swim, but here are some helpful highlights!
- Arrive to your registered timeslot already showered with your swimsuit underneath your street clothes.
- Plan to shower at home after your swim - private showers are unavailable and there will be limited time permitted in the change area at the end of your timeslot.
- No spectators are permitted at this time. Only registered pool users will be allowed in the facility.
- Limited lockers are available - arrive with as few belongings as possible.
- Several pool amenities are unavailable at this time including the rope swing, waterslide, steam room, sauna and hot tub.
- Bring a filled water bottle from home - there is currently no access to drinking fountains.
- What is the status of my Leisure Centre membership?
- Do I have to use my existing Leisure Centre membership to pay for registered use of the Aquatics area?
- Why do I have to register to use the Aquatics area?
- If an Aquatics area user or staff tests positive for COVID-19, will I be notified?
- What do I do if I notice another Aquatics area user who is not following the physical distancing rules or who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19?