The Maple Ridge Leisure Centre (MRLC) pool is open with safety measures in place that align with Public Health Orders, BC’s Restart Plan and industry specific guidelines including the British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) and Lifesaving Society (LSS). Explore this page to learn about the registered drop-in programming that's available at the pool!
- Pool Safety
- Activity Descriptions
- How to Register
- Prepare for Your Swim
- Memberships & Admissions
- Back-To-Back Timeslots
Masks Required at All Times, Except in Water
Masks must be worn at all times in our facility including the Fitness Centre (even while exercising at an individual station), Gymnasium, Aquatics area (pool deck and change area with the exception of the water) and common areas (lineups, hallways, lobby, entrances, etc). Read the Masks Required tab on our Registration Page for full details.
Masks should not be worn in the water.
Read our Safety Plan here!
Registered Pool Activities
Need a little more space for your workout? Want to bring your kids in for some swimming practice? This program will allow for exclusive use of 1 lane for you and those in your household to do what you want to do! Maximum occupancy will be 2 adults per lane. Up to 2 children will be permitted to join if from the same household. Price is per session, not per person.
Length Swim | Regular Admission Fees Apply
Lanes will be double lanes with different lanes for various speeds. You are welcome to bring your own kickboard or pull-buoy. No equipment will be available for use at the facility. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum numbers for each lane.
Group Public Swims (Leisure Pool OR Teach Pool Options) | $22 Per Group
To ensure we are in compliance with Provincial Health Orders impacting our region, all attendees of the Group Public Swims must reside in one household.
Registrants will have exclusive use of half the leisure pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Maximum 10 participants residing in the same household only. For further information on current Provincial Health Orders, visit BC’s Response to COVID-19 webpage.
Individual Public Swim (Leisure Pool OR Teach Pool Options) | Regular Admission Fees Apply
You will have access to the entire leisure pool to have some fun or practice your swimming skills! No equipment will be available for use. You are welcome to bring your own for use in the pool. Physical distancing will be required between you and other registrants. All participants must be registered prior to entry.
Water Walking | Regular Admission Fees Apply
The Leisure Pool will be available for water walking allowing those who are enjoying their fitness routine or using the water for rehabilitative activities the time and space to do so. No equipment will be available at this time. Physical distancing has been taken into account when setting maximum number for each lane.
How to Register
The most up to date pool schedule is available online. You can register for pool activities both online and over the phone (604-467-7422). Please note that we have temporarily removed the PDF version of the pool schedule due to recent, temporary cancellations per the November 7 Provincial Health Order.
Anyone looking to register must have a PerfectMind (our registration software) account. If you do not have one you can set one up by visiting our registration website or by calling 604-467-7422.
We recommend reading the full FAQ prior to your swim, but here are some helpful highlights!
- Arrive to your timeslot already showered and with your swim attire under your street clothes. Change space is extremely limited before and after your timeslot. COVID-19 occupancy limits apply.
- Plan to shower at home after your swim - private showers are unavailable and there will be limited time permitted in the change area at the end of your timeslot.
- No spectators are permitted at this time. Only registered pool users will be allowed in the facility.
- Limited lockers are available - arrive with as few belongings as possible.
- Several indoor pool amenities are unavailable at this time including the rope swing, steam room, and sauna. The waterslide and hot tub are open during limited times.
- Bring a filled water bottle from home - there is currently no access to drinking fountains.
As of March 17, 2020 all memberships were frozen as the MRLC shut down due to COVID-19. Members have the option to unfreeze their account or continue paying single admission pay as you go with their account being frozen.
- Once a membership pass holder has chosen to unfreeze their account, they cannot re-freeze it.
- You will be able to access your timeslot fifteen minutes past the start time; however, patrons that arrive after the 15 minutes will be denied entrance to the Leisure Centre and forfeit their registration.
Patrons may choose to keep their account frozen and pay-as-they-go for the registered Fitness Centre timeslots. Activities will cost our regular admission rates unless otherwise stated. Regular admission rates, including GST, are below:
- Adult: $6.00
- Youth: $4.10
- Senior: $4.10
You may book back-to-back drop-in timeslots at no extra cost for the Indoor Pool and Outdoor Pool. You may not book back-to-back for registered programs to give as many patrons as possible the chance to register (*exception below).
- Back-to-back bookings of two of the same aquatics programs are only permitted if the second registration is completed within 24 hours of the program start time. If a back-to-back booking is discovered outside the 24 hour window the customer will be withdrawn from the second booking.
Example: A customer registers into Friday, March 10 8:00 AM Aqua Fitness. On Thursday, March 9, the customer determines that there is space in a 9:00 AM Aqua Fitness on March 10, which is back-to-back with the session in which they are already registered. Because there is space in the program and it is within the 24 hour window, this customer may register into back-to-back Aqua Fitness timeslots on March 10 at 8:00 AM AND 9:00 AM.
- Can I book multiple swim timeslots in a row?
- I want to book a timeslot for a group or individual public swim and I see options for the Leisure Pool or Teach Pool. What is the difference?
- What is the status of my Leisure Centre membership?
- Do I have to use my existing Leisure Centre membership to pay for registered use of the Aquatics area?
- Why do I have to register to use the Aquatics area?