Home Owner Grants

Information Needed to Apply for a Home Owner Grant:

  • City of Maple Ridge Jurisdiction Number: 312
  • Roll Number: see your tax notice, your roll number is your folio number OR visit the BC Assessment property search website
  • Alternatively, search by your property address
  • Your Social Insurance Number (SIN)

B.C.’s Homeowner Grant Centralization

Updated May 6, 2021

B.C. municipalities (including Maple Ridge) are no longer accepting home owner grant applications. All property owners must now claim their home owner grants with the Province.

How to apply?


  • Call 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm 

It is quick, easy and secure. Be sure to have your social insurance number, jurisdiction number for Maple Ridge (312) and your folio / roll number (found on your property tax notice).

Home Owner Grant Threshold Increased for 2023

Updated February 13, 2023

The provincial government has set the 2023 Home Owner Grant threshold to $2,125,000. 

 For more information: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2023FIN0001-000004. 

General Home Owner Grant Information

  • Must be claimed on or before the due date to avoid penalties
  • Incomplete, unclaimed or late applications will result in penalty charges
  • The applicant must live at the property to claim the Home Owner Grant
  • Only one owner can claim on one property per year, no matter how many properties owned by that same owner
  • Only one grant can be claimed per married couple each year
  • Only one type of grant can be claimed for a property (senior or disability or basic)
  • Minimum and maximum thresholds for each type of grant are based on the assessed property value, for actual values see Service BC website links below for each grant

Basic Home Owner Grant

Senior Home Owner Grant

People with Disabilities Home Owner Grant

Veteran Home Owner Grant

Retro Home Owner Grant

Low Income Senior Grant Supplement & Low Income Disability Grant Supplement 

For specific questions relating to Home Owner Grants, please contact:

Home Owner Grant Administration Branch website
Email: HOGADMIN@gov.bc.ca
Tel: 1-888-355-2700 or 1-250-387-0555
PO Box 9991 Stn Prov Govt,
Victoria BC  V8W 9R7

Property owner must qualify for the basic home owner grant