Property Tax and Utility Payment Options
Payments Must be Received by the Due Date
Updated April 19, 2021
Property tax and utility payments must be received by the due date, in our office, to be considered on time.
It is your responsibility to make payments early enough so that we receive them on time. Payments received after midnight on the due date will be considered late. Postmarks are not accepted as proof of on-time payment.
Payment Methods Accepted
Note: you can scroll further down the page for more details about each of these options
- Online banking (allow at least 2 business days)
- At your bank
- At City Hall (Cash, Debit or Cheque)
- Credit Card - Paymentus (online or by telephone)
- Cheque by Drop box
- Cheque by Mail
- Telephone banking
The drop box and mail is checked daily and payments will be processed. If you require a receipt for a payment, please indicate on the invoice submitted and a receipt will be mailed or emailed out.
No Email Transfers (e-Transfers)
- Login into your online bank account
- Navigate to "make bill payment" tab/area
- Search "Maple Ridge" as a payee
Below is a list of how we are named by some of the major banks in their online payment systems:
|Financial Institution||Payee Name for Property Taxes||Payee Name for Utility/Metered Water|
|Bank of Montreal||Maple Ridge, City of, Taxes||Maple Ridge, City of, Metered Water Billing|
|CIBC||Maple Ridge (City of) Tax||Maple Ridge (City Of) Utility|
|HSBC||Maple Ridge(City of) Taxes||Maple Ridge(City Of) Metered Water|
|Royal Bank||Maple Ridge (City of) - Taxes||Maple Ridge (City Of)-Utils|
|Scotiabank||Maple Ridge (City) Taxes||Maple Ridge (City) Water|
|Simplii Financial||Maple Ridge (City of) Tax||Maple RIDGE (CITY OF) Utility|
|Toronto Dominion||Maple Ridge (City of) Taxes||Maple Ridge(City Of) Metered Water|
|Vancity||Maple Ridge -City-Taxes||Maple Ridge-City-Meter Water|
|Westminister Savings||Maple Ridge, City-Taxes||Maple Ridge, City-Metered Water|
- Property Tax account number is your property’s folio number or roll number without dashes or spaces
- Utilities account number is account number on your utility bill
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Set up the date you want the withdrawal to come out
- Approve or send to complete transaction
- If you have questions specific to your online banking service, please contact your financial institution
At Your Bank
- Visit your financial institution, bring your current property tax notice or utility invoice
At City Hall
- Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- 11995 Haney Place Maple Ridge BC (entrance on the east side of the building)
- Debit, cheque, or cash is accepted (cash has a maximum of $10,000)
- We do not accept credit cards for property tax or utility payments
Credit Card (Online or By Phone) - Paymentus
- Third party automated payment service
- Can pay taxes (maximum of $5,000 per transaction) or utilities (maximum of $1,000 per transaction)
- Multiple payments can be made if your outstanding balance exceeds those limits
- By automated phone (1-855-480-9594) or online Paymentus
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Convenience fee of 1.75% of payment amount
- You will need your Tax Notice or Utility Invoice, and credit card
Payment Types Accepted by Mail or Drop Box
- Cheque - Postdated cheques are accepted.
- Postdated cheques for the due date may take 3 - 4 business days to process upon receiving, but it will be acknowledged for the postdate or received date at City Hall, whichever is later.
- Your receipt is the cancelled cheque unless otherwise requested.
- Bank returned, post-dated cheques for the due date are treated as a late payment. Penalties and a service fee will be applied.
- Money order
- Bank draft
- Located as a slot in the wall at the far west corner of the Economic Development office beside City Hall
- Cheques - please include the remittance slip or attach a note of which account to apply your payment to
- Do not deposit cash in the drop box
Mail in Cheque
- You can mail a cheque payable to the City of Maple Ridge, include remittance slips or note indicating which account to apply payment to. We accept post dated cheques. The cancelled cheque is your receipt unless otherwise requested.
- The date of the payment is the date it is received in our office. If it is received after the due date, a penalty may apply.
- Phone your financial institution's bill payment line
- The account number for taxes is your property’s folio number without dashes or spaces (for utilities, it is account number)