Property Tax and Utility Payment Options
Remember, you can complete your Home Owner Grant Online!
Consider prepaying your taxes for the next year. Credits on the account earn interest. Any of the payment options below can be used to make prepayments.
How to Pay
Below is a list of payment options at the City of Maple Ridge.
- Open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. In June, we are open late every Thursday until 8:00 pm.
- Be prepared to wait in line.
- Payment types accepted:
- cheque (Post-dated cheques are accepted. The cancelled cheque is your receipt.)
- Interac (Check with your bank that you are not going over your daily bank card limit)
- money order
- bank draft
At your Bank
- Visit your financial institution, bring your current property tax notice or utility invoice.
Credit Card (On-line or by phone)
- Third party automated payment service
- Can pay taxes (maximum of $5,000 per transaction) or utilities (maximum of $1,000 per transaction)
- Multiple payments can be made if your outstanding balance exceeds those limits
- By automated phone (1-855-480-9594) or online Paymentus
- Accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express
- Convenience fee of 1.75% of payment amount
- you will need your Tax Notice or Utility Invoice, and credit card
- Always available
- Located in the wall at the far west corner of the Economic Development office beside City Hall
- Do not deposit cash in the drop box
- For cheques and Home Owner Grants
Mail in Cheque
- You can mail a cheque payable to the City of Maple Ridge. We accept post dated cheques. The cancelled cheque is your receipt.
- Search for "Maple Ridge" as a payee on your online banking system
- The account number for taxes is your property's folio number without dashes or spaces (Utilities is Acct number)
- Enter the amount you want to pay
- Set up the date you want the withdrawal to come out
- approve or send
- If you have questions, contact your financial institution
Pre-Authorized Withdrawal Service (PAWS)
- Phone your financial institution
- The account number for taxes is your property's folio number without dashes or spaces (utilities is acct number)