There are a variety of permits that must be obtained before your business or residence undergoes construction or alteration. If you have any questions while undergoing the application process or determining which application or applications may be required, please contact the Permits Department.
Building Permit: A building permit is required to build, construct, remodel, repair, demolish, remove or move any building or structure over 100 square feet. Examples include:
- detached structures
- fire damage repairs
- foundation or structural repairs
- retaining walls
Electrical Permit:An electrical permit is required by the Safety Standards Act of British Columbia and the City of Maple Ridge whenever electrical work is performed. Examples include
- installation of any new wiring or circuitry
- rearrangement of wiring or circuitry
- installation or rearranging of electrical equipment
- electrical permits are also required for all energized signs, movie sets and outdoor live performances
Gas Permit:A gas permit is required for new installations or alterations to existing gas appliances, piping and venting
- Occupancy Permit: An occupancy permit is required prior to moving into a building (people or contents) and may be obtained for a limited period of time, if all inspectors approve provisional occupancy. A fee will be required for a provisional occupancy permit
- Plumbing Permit: A plumbing permit is required for any installation, addition, or alteration to plumbing systems
- Sign Permit: Any exterior sign requires a sign permit
- Sprinkler Permit: A sprinkler permit is required for any installation of an approved fire sprinkler system as a part of the construction of all new buildings within the City.