The Licences & Bylaws Department investigates and responds to complaints received about bylaw violations in the City of Maple Ridge. Bylaw enforcement generally refers to a host of actions directed at obtaining compliance with local government bylaws, including:
- educating the public about regulatory rules
- conducting inspections to ensure that the rules are being followed
- mediating between members of the public
- leveraging voluntary compliance with the rules where possible
- seeking consequences for contraventions where compliance is not forthcoming or harm has been done to the community
Please note that we do not accept anonymous complaints and there is a limit of three (3) non-recurring complaints per complainant property, per calendar year. You can submit a complaint online, over the phone, in person or by regular mail. When making a complaint, be prepared to give your name, address, telephone number and be prepared to provide specific details about the complaint. The City will keep the identity of the complainant confidential even if the complainant has agreed to be identified.
Contact Fraser Health Authority directly by phone at 604-587-3936 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
if your concern is regarding:
- Personal Service Establishments, including spas, salons, etc.
- Food Premises, including restaurants, mobile and grocery stores.
- Pools - public and private.
Contact WorkSafe BC at 6040-276-3100 if your concern relates to a construction site not complying with current COVID-19 rules and regulations.
Contact the City's Fire Department by phone at 604-463-5880 or by email at email@example.com if your concern is about burning (including backyard cooking fires).
For all other COVID-19 related matters, contact Ridge Meadows RCMP non-emergency at 604-463-6251.