GLOW Maple Ridge
GLOW Maple Ridge
November 26, 2022 - January 6, 2023
Memorial Peace Park | FREE - All Are Welcome!
For the fourth year in a row and with the support of our amazing corporate partners, the City of Maple Ridge is bringing holiday cheer to the Town Centre with GLOW Maple Ridge! A twinkling tunnel, a brilliant art tree, a glowing bandstand and an interactive sequoia tree are just some of the amazing features that serve as the perfect holiday backdrop for a selfie with a loved one on a winter walkabout.
Enjoy an evening walk with family in Memorial Peace Park and the Maple Ridge Town Centre anytime between November 26 - January 6 to take in the beautiful sights and sounds of our City's holiday magic. It's sure to become a part of your family's yearly traditions.
GLOW Maple Ridge launches on November 26 with a special event that's FREE for all - see below for more details!
GLOW Launch Event
Saturday, November 26
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM | Memorial Peace Park | FREE - All Are Welcome!
Start celebrating the holiday season with the GLOW Launch Event on November 26! The GLOW Launch Event will open with Indigenous singing, drumming and the unveiling of a stunning light display created by Katzie First Nation artist, Rain Pierre.
The “Rain Enlightens Hummingbird Illumination” is one of many dazzling light features that will serve as the perfect backdrop for a selfie with a loved one on a winter walkabout. Take in the beautiful sights and sounds of the GLOW Maple Ridge holiday magic – it’s sure to become a part of your family’s yearly holiday traditions.
- Unveiling of the Rain Enlightens Hummingbird Illumination
- Live entertainment (music & performers)
- Mini Donut Food Truck
- Children's crafts & activities
- Storefront decorations/displays
- & More!
Memorial Peace Park
- Friday, December 2, 9, 16 & 23 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 10 | 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Looking for something extra special to do? On select days during GLOW Maple Ridge (see above), there will be extra fun happening in Memorial Peace Park!
- Dress warm and help spread holiday cheer while enjoying entertainment by local musicians.
- Try your hand at making a holiday ornament
- Play along at the Reindeer Games Station
- Buy a warm drink or popcorn from the Polar Bear Café
- NEW THIS YEAR! Check out the new "warming station"
Happenings is the City's presents year-round program that offers opportunities to celebrate and participate through community activations and events! From family-fun, to our concert series to art in the great outdoors, Happenings has something for everyone. For more information, visit our webpage.
By Rain Pierre
The City is proud to present a brand new addition to GLOW Maple Ridge created by Rain Pierre, a Katzie First Nation artist. This dazzling light feature will be revealed during the GLOW Launch Event on November 26 and will be available for viewing until January 6, 2023.
"My name is sɬə́məxʷ (Rain Pierre), meaning Rain, from Katzie First Nation in British Columbia, Canada.
When I look back on my journey at the end of my days, I want to look back on an adventure glowing with legacy and passion. I want to inspire others to dream while they are awake."
Partners & Sponsors
This year's GLOW Maple Ridge partners are:
This year's GLOW Maple Ridge sponsors are:
2021 Glow Social Media, Videos and Press Coverage
- Glow Partner Photos (slide show): Glow Maple Ridge | Maple Ridge, BC
- Glow Video Facebook
- #GlowMapleRidge - Facebook (4) #glowmapleridge - Explore | Facebook
- Instagram #glowmapleridge hashtag on Instagram • Photos and Videos
- Vancouver’s Best Places Glow Maple Ridge Christmas Lights | Vancouver's Best Places (vancouversbestplaces.com)
- BC Ale Trail – Maple Ridge is GLOW-ing with Holiday Spirit Maple Ridge · The BC Ale Trail