- Your Government
- Official Community Plan
- Area Plans
- Town Centre Area Plan
- Growing Together - Visioning Your Town Centre
Growing Together - Visioning Your Town Centre
Why are we doing this?Maple Ridge Council has recognized this growth and change and wants to ensure that the evolution of the Town Centre is positive and leads to greater vibrancy within this core part of the Community.
What is the Town Centre Area Plan?The Town Centre Area Plan (TCAP) was adopted in 2008 with a vision for creating more density, mixed-uses, and green spaces, while creating a pedestrian-oriented environment. With this Plan in place, the Town Centre of Maple Ridge has been experiencing a significant amount of redevelopment and change over the past five to ten years.
Work To Date
- On February 23, 2021, an outcomes report of the public engagement was presented at Council Workshop. Ultimately, the Town Centre Visioning engagement process re-affirmed the direction of the Town Centre Area Plan continues to resonate with Maple Ridge residents. The report also offered possible next steps.
- Currently, the land use policies specific to the Port Haney area are being reviewed. The Port Haney area is a precinct within the Town Centre Area Plan (TCAP) boundary and is subject to the TCAP’s land use policies. At the February 8, 2022, Council Workshop, Council directed staff to take a closer look at the TCAP policies applicable to the Port Haney area as the area is subject to lower density policies than other areas in the Town Centre. To read the February 8, 2022 report, click HERE. The Port Haney Land Use Policy Review process will examine current permitted uses and explore an increase in maximum building height, while maintaining and enhancing desirable features for the area. Staff will be collecting feedback from residents throughout the spring and summer of 2022. To learn more about the process, please visit the project website: https://www.mapleridge.ca/2626
The City was busy planning a number of engagement opportunities to learn about how you would like to live, work and play in the Town Centre of Maple Ridge. These events were designed with safety in mind and were subject to the Public Health Orders to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Friday August 21, 2020 – Memorial Peace Park – 4:00 – 6:00 pm cancelled due to inclement weather
- Wednesday August 26, 2020 – Memorial Peace Park – 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday September 2, 2020 – Memorial Peace Park – 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Wednesday September 9, 2020 – Memorial Peace Park – 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Walk Shop and Open House
The City hosted a physically distant WalkShop (10 am – 1 pm) and Open House (9 am – 2 pm) on Saturday, September 12th at Memorial Peace Park. These events offered opportunities for participants to provide their thoughts and input on the Town Centre.
Virtual Workshop with local BusinessesThe City hosted a Virtual Workshop with local businesses on October 1, 2020.
Want to stay in touch?Updates on the Town Centre Area Visioning Process will be provided online as well as via email. If you wish to be included on the Email List, please send us an email.
Check back regularly for information about the Town Centre Area Visioning Process.
If you are registered for one of the above events and COVID-19 safety protocol changes are made by the Public Health Officer, resulting in event modification or rescheduling, Planning staff will notify you as soon as possible.