About the Committee
The Parks, Recreation and Culture Committee (PRCC) will advise Council on the enhancement of parks, recreation and culture to deliver services and programs that best meet the needs of present and future citizens of Maple Ridge.
The Committee will:
- Provide a community perspective and input on emerging needs that would enhance parks, recreation and culture in the community;
- Make recommendations during the development of Parks, Recreation and Culture department’s strategic planning initiatives;
- Review and provide feedback on Parks, Recreation and Culture policies under consideration by staff;
- Advise on matters referred to the Committee by Council.
The Committee will be comprised of the following 7 voting members:
- One Council liaison (or alternate)
- One School District No. 42 Board Trustee (or alternate)
- Five Members at Large appointed by Council, with the goal of representation from youth, senior, and business communities and interest in parks, recreation and culture
- quorum: majority of voting members (4)
- Committees of Council Policy 3.11 (PDF)
Agenda & MinutesAgenda are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available upon approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Committee meets quarterly
- Last Wednesday of the month at 4:00 pm in the Blaney Room, City Hall
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, meetings are held virtually until further notice
Danielle Pope, Director of Recreation & Community Engagement
Tel: 604-463-5221 ext. 5542
Valoree Richmond, Director of Parks & Facilities
Arsh Dhillon, Committee Clerk
Tel: 604-463-5221, ext. 5286