GLOW Maple Ridge Holiday Ornament Photo Contest
We want to take some time during this year’s GLOW Maple Ridge to celebrate all the ways our citizens celebrate the holidays with their favourite ornaments and decorations.
What is the contest?
Take a picture of your favourite holiday ornament or decoration that you display every year and post it to your Facebook or Instagram using #MYglowmapleridge. The contest will run between Dec. 1 – Dec. 24, 2020 with 3 winners being picked in a random draw on January 8th, 2021. We have a $50 gift card available from the local merchant you choose for the ‘first place’ entry plus four large pizza coupons that will be awarded to runners up.
How do I enter?
- Review the contest details and terms & conditions below.
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
- Post a photo that showcases your favourite holiday ornament or decoration that you/your family displays each holiday season on your Facebook or Instagram using the #MYglowmapleridge hashtag in the description. Remember to write why this ornament/decoration is special to you in the photo description. If your account is set to private we will not be able to see your post and you will not be entered into the contest.
Contest start date: December 1, 2020
Contest end date: December 24th, 2020
Prizes: $50 gift card available from the local merchant you choose for the ‘first place’ entry plus four large pizza coupons that will be awarded to runners up
Contest winners: 3 contest winners will be picked at random by The City of Maple Ridge Communications team on January 8th, 2021. Each winner will receive one of the prizes listed above.
- The deadline for submissions is December 24, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
- Facebook nor Instagram are affiliated with this contest.
- By submitting an image to the contest, you agree to give the City of Maple Ridge the right to use your image solely for the purposes of marketing and promoting the City of Maple Ridge. Marketing and Promotion uses include: displaying the photo online through the City website and City social media channels, displaying the photo in print publications including the PRC Guide, Citizen's Report and other, displaying your image at any site or location where the City is providing services to the community including special events and city owned public buildings.
- You may enter the contest using Facebook or Instagram. The same photo submitted on both Facebook and Instagram will only be counted as a single submission.
- If you choose to enter multiple times, only one of your entries will be eligible for the contest.
- Only current Maple Ridge citizens are eligible.
- Only images taken within/of Maple Ridge are eligible.
- The City reserves the right to refuse an entry if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate in any way. Submissions containing content deemed inappropriate (nudity, use of drugs, alcohol or illegal substances, profanity, hateful comments) are not eligible.
- Staff persons and elected officials of the City of Maple Ridge and their immediate family members are ineligible for the grand prize.
- You may not submit images that you did not take; however, if you would like to submit an image on behalf of an individual who does not have a Facebook or Instagram account (like a minor or dependent), we will require their official consent (we will provide a form) if your photo is considered for the finalist voting period.
- Images can be taken by any device (cell phone, DSLR, etc) so long as the photographer can provide an original image. If you are unable to provide an image file, your entry will be disqualified.
- Your entry may not include trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity.
- Your entry may not contain names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead.
- You will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of your entry and to fully indemnify the City of Maple Ridge and its partners in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of your breaching any of the foregoing.