Light Up Maple Ridge
Light Up City Hall
The City of Maple Ridge has an exterior lighting system at City Hall that can be programmed to change colours to recognize important events, cultural celebrations or commemorative days.
Pre-programmed calendar events include:
- Valentine’s Day, February 14
- St. Patrick’s Day, March 17
- Earth Day, April 22
- Canada Day, July 1
- Maple Ridge Birthday, September 12
- Halloween, October 31
- Remembrance Day, November 11
- Christmas Day, December 25
- New Year’s Eve, December 31
Pre-programmed events that occur on different dates each year include:
- Anti-Bullying Recognition
- Chinese New Year
- Diwali Celebration
- Pride Celebrations
- Hanukah Celebrations
- Thanksgiving Celebrations
The lighting system is pre-programmed for these events.
The City of Maple Ridge has the ability to manually change the City Hall lighting to recognize important community events, organizations and special occasions. Here is the process and conditions by which lighting requests may be submitted and reviewed.
Colours Available for Special Lighting Requests
Available lighting colours are:
|Anti Bullying Pink
Lights come on automatically at dusk when it is sufficiently dark and automatically turn off the next day when the sun rises.
How to Apply
Light Up City Hall requests must be received a minimum of four weeks before the desired date. You can email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- The name of the organizer with email and phone contact information.
- The name of the organization and website and social media links for the organization.
- The name of the event that the lighting request is for.
- The date that the applicant would like the lighting set.
- The reasons for the lighting request and background information for the request.
- What colour(s) are being requested by the applicant (based on the available settings).
- How requester will notify the public if the request is approved.
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis using the following criteria:
- Nondenominational and non-political in nature
- Supports an event of provincial, national or international significance
- Supports a local festival or event that positively impacts community spirit
- Supports a local, national or international awareness issue that builds community or is related to community health operated by a nationally recognized charitable organization
- Does not conflict with a pre-designated event that is already scheduled in the system
Please note that lighting requests will not be considered for:
- Commercial requests (e.g. product launches, corporate events)
- Individual recognition or personal occasions (e.g. gender reveals, birthdays, anniversaries)
- Religious or political events or observances
- Promotion of institutions or professions (e.g. hospitals, schools)
- Polarizing events that divide, rather than unite, the community
Requests will not be considered if they are contrary to any City policy or bylaw.
The Policy document for this service can be found here.