Application Forms & Procedures
How to Make a Planning Application
- A Pre-Application Meeting is generally required prior to submitting a Development Application. Please submit the Pre-Application Meeting Request Form by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting it to the Planning Front Counter at City Hall.
- Planning staff will review your application, provide an invoice for the Application Fee (payable online), and arrange for an appointment to review the development proposal with the applicant.
- For more complex pre-application discussions, Planning staff may request that you submit a Land Use Inquiry. Please submit fill out the Land Use Inquiry Application form found within the Land Use Inquiry Guide.
Print off the Planning Application form and Ministry of Environment Site Disclosure Statement.
Submit the Planning Application, plans and support documents in accordance with the applicable checklist found below. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Note - When a development proposal requires more than one application (e.g., rezoning, subdivision, development permit, variance permit, etc.), all the pending applications, drawings and reports must be submitted within one year from the date Council grants First Reading to the rezoning.
- Schedule A - Official Community Plan Amendment
- Schedule B - Rezoning for Single Family
- Schedule C - Rezoning for Other than Single Family
- Schedule D - Development Permit
- Schedule E - Development Variance Permit
- Subdivision Including Phased Strata
- Schedule F - Watercourse Protection Development Permit
- Schedule G - Natural Features Development Permit
- Schedule H - Temporary Use Permit
- Schedule I - Rezoning (Bylaw First Reading Only)
- Schedule J - Wildfire Development Permit
- Development Permit (Intensive Residential Development)
Supplemental Forms (if required)
- Application Form Agent/Owner Change
- Authorized Agent Consent Form
- Erosion and Sediment Control Checklist
- Noxious Weeds Form
- Application Fees - Effective Sept 1, 2021
- Community Amenity Contribution (CAC) Program Policy (amended May 10, 2022)
- Development Cost Charges
- Development Information Meeting (DIM) policy and sign sample
- Development Procedures Bylaw No. 5879-1999
- Development Sign Specifications and Layout
- Minimum Lot Area and Dimensions
- Street Tree Information
- Telecommunications Tower Siting Protocol
- Zoning Information
External Reference Information
- Board of Variance Appeal Form @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Board of Variance Schedule @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Board of Variance Information Guide @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>