Application Forms & Procedures
How to Make a Planning Application
Starting on July 26, 2023, the City of Maple Ridge will only accept a complete rezoning application at the application intake. A complete application should include all associated development applications (i.e. development permit, development variance permit, subdivision, etc.) along with the required detailed information and technical reports which are outlined in the Pre-Application Review Letter, Application Submission Checklist and Drawing Submission Details. This step is to streamline the development application review process and expedite housing construction in Maple Ridge. For more information, please see the June 13, 2023 Council report here and the Final Reading Report, dated July 25, 2023 here.
- A Pre-Application Meeting is generally required prior to submitting a Development Application. Please submit the Pre-Application Meeting Request Form by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting it to the Planning Front Counter at City Hall.
- Planning staff will review your application, provide an invoice for the Application Fee (payable online), and arrange for an appointment to review the development proposal with the applicant.
- For more complex pre-application discussions, Planning staff may request that you submit a Land Use Inquiry. Please submit fill out the Land Use Inquiry Application form found within the Land Use Inquiry Guide.
Submit a complete application along with associated development applications, and the required information and materials as outlined in the Pre-Application Review Letter and the Application Submission Checklist, and in accordance with the Drawing Submission Details.
- Application Form
- Application Form Agent/Owner Change
- Authorized Agent Consent Form
- Coordinated Assessment Strategy Statement
- Site Disclosure Statement (Ministry of Environment) or go to the ministry website.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Checklist
- Noxious Weeds Form
- Application Submission Checklist
- Application Fees - Effective Sept 1, 2021
- Community Amenity Contribution (CAC) Program Policy (amended May 10, 2022)
- Development Cost Charges (DCCs) **Information on proposed DCC Update
- Development Information Meeting (DIM) policy and sign sample
- Development Procedures Bylaw No. 5879-1999
- Development Sign Specifications and Layout
- Drawing Submission Details
- Minimum Lot Area and Dimensions
- Natural Features Development Permit Checklist
- Street Tree Information
- Telecommunications Tower Siting Protocol
- Watercourse Protection Development Permit Checklist
- Wildfire Development Permit Checklist
- Zoning Information
External Reference Information
- Board of Variance Appeal Form @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Board of Variance Schedule @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Board of Variance Information Guide @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>