The Maple Ridge Fire Department is a composite fire department that employs paid-on-call and career firefighters. All of our firefighters are trained to be first-line, first responders for the City of Maple Ridge.
Every year, the Maple Ridge Fire Department hires paid-on-call firefighters. The recruitment and training process is very in-depth to ensure that the successful candidates have all of the skills, knowledge and abilities to be considered for career fire fighter positions when they are posted.
As a paid-on-call firefighter you will be called to:
- be part of the suppression team fighting structure and vehicle fires
- provide auto extrication at motor vehicle accidents
- provide medical assistance to the citizens of Maple Ridge along with the British Columbia ambulance service
- hazardous material responses
- utilities emergencies
- public education and relations
- wildfire protection
- continuous training