With recent hot and dry weather conditions the Maple Ridge Fire Department has elevated the Forest Fire Danger to EXTREME. The weather forecast does not show any significant precipitation in the coming days. As a result, the City is moving to stage 2 of our fire ban which implements additional restrictions in City Parks and industrial restrictions under Part 3 of the Provincial Forest Fire Prevention and Suppression Regulation. Effective immediately:
- No Smoking in City Parks;
- No briquette BBQ’s, including hibachis, in City Parks;
- Industrial activities listed in schedule 1 of the Forest Fire Prevention and Suppression Regulation are restricted as per schedule 5 of the regulation. This document can be found on the City website at www.mapleridge.ca/146.
These restrictions are in addition to restrictions put in place under stage 1 of the fire ban. As a reminder, those restrictions include:
- All permitted fires in the “Maple Ridge Outdoor Burning Regulation Bylaw No. 5535-1997”;
- All permitted fireworks in the Maple Ridge Fire Works Bylaw No. 6279-2004;
- Any pyrotechnic events;
- Tiki Torches on public lands;
- Outdoor stoves that burn woody debris and permitted fireplaces; and,
- Sky lanterns, on public lands.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.