The Greg Moore Youth Centre is located at 11925 Haney Place and can be accessed from the entrance opposite the north entry to Haney Place Mall just south of the ACT Arts Centre.
The facility will be open:
- Thursday, July 29 26 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Friday, July 30 from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
This site will be staffed by City employees, Emergency Support Services volunteers and security personnel who will provide visitors with bottled water, washroom access and seating. Additional days may be added as this weather system moves through the region.
The City’s Community Safety Officers will also distribute bottled water while on patrol and will help connect vulnerable citizens with shelter services to address their needs.
The City’s spray parks were activated on the May long weekend and continue to be available. The two largest parks are:
- Maple Ridge Park at 23200 132 Avenue
- Albion Sports Complex 23778 104 Avenue
There are small water spray features located at:
- Country Lane Estates North at 24299 102A Avenue
- Country Lane Estates South at 24399 101A Avenue
- Cedar Park at 23735 132 Avenue
- Deer Fern Park at 13393 236 Street
- Blaney Hamlet Park at 13712 230A Street
- Firefighters Park at 11240 238 Street
Water fountains in downtown parks were reactivated in response to the extreme weather event at the end of June and remain in operation.
The Maple Ridge Library is available as an alternate venue for those seeking a reprieve from the heat and their hours are as follows:
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
People who visit the library are asked to follow the instructions of Library staff and all relevant heath protocols.
The Ridge Meadows Seniors Society has reached out to their clients via social media advising that the Seniors Centre, located at 12150 224 Street, is open Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm for seniors to get respite from the heat. Please follow all of the safety procedures outlined by Seniors Centre staff.
We urge citizens to take a moment and check in on your older or more vulnerable neighbours, family and friends.