With recent changes in weather patterns The Maple Ridge Fire Department has reduced the forest fire danger rating to MODERATE for our community. As a result, the Fire Department is lifting the second stage of the fire ban. This means that the following restrictions have been lifted:
- No Smoking in City Parks;
- No briquette BBQ’s, including hibachis, in City Parks;
- Industrial activities listed in schedule 1 of the Forest Fire Prevention and Suppression Regulation are restricted as per schedule 5 of the regulation. Refer to these schedules for your reference.
The first stage of the fire ban remains in effect until further notice. As a reminder, those restrictions include:
- All permitted fires in the “Maple Ridge Outdoor Burning Regulation Bylaw No. 5535-1997”;
- All permitted fireworks in the Maple Ridge Fire Works Bylaw No. 6279-2004;
- Any pyrotechnic events;
- Tiki Torches on public lands;
- Outdoor stoves that burn woody debris and permitted fireplaces; and,
- Sky lanterns, on public lands.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support to keep our community safe from wildfires.