How do I make a bylaw complaint?

You can phone the Bylaw, Licensing & Community Safety Department at 604-467-7305 Monday - Saturday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Or you can email your complaint to the Bylaw, Licensing & Community Safety Department. There is a limit of three non-recurring complaints per complainant property, per calendar year.

Please note that in order to file a complaint, you must provide your name, address and phone number. We do not accept anonymous complaints and all complainant information remains confidential (unless matters proceed to Court or Council - at which time you have the option of withdrawing your complaint).

Show All Answers

1. How do I make a bylaw complaint?
2. How does the City respond to complaints?
3. Can I keep chickens on a residential property?
4. Are stereo music and other similar noise covered by the Noise Bylaw?
5. When is construction noise exempted from the Noise Bylaw?
6. Can I cut the trees overhanging my property line?
7. Can my neighbour park in front of my house?
8. A complaint has been made against me and / or my property, how can I get a copy of the complaint?