Your Personal Information
The City of Maple Ridge is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The City does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, street or email address. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via email or feedback form, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
Any personal information we ask you to provide is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will only be used for the purpose of administering City services, informing you of our services and benefits, and for compiling statistical information.
Questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this information should be directed to:
City of Maple Ridge
11995 Haney Place
Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X-6A9
Tracking Your Website Visit
We constantly improve this website to make it as useful to you as possible. To do this, we gather statistics about what pages you visit when you visit the site. These statistics help us decide where to put information so it is easier to find and how to design tasks so they are faster to complete. We gather this information about your visit by placing a small file, called a "cookie", into your web browser's memory. This cookie does not collect any information we could use to identify you, such as your name, address, email address or phone number. The cookie does collect:
- Your IP address (a series of numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer when you go online).
- the type of web browser and operating system you use
- the date and time you visited the site
- which pages you visited
- the order you visited the pages
- how long you spent on each page
- the page you entered the site on
- the last page you looked at before you left
As soon as you leave the MapleRidge.ca site, the cookie stops gathering information.
Volunteering Your Personal Information Online
The only time we collect your personal information on this website is when you volunteer to give it to us. This includes when you:
- participate in an online forum or poll
- fill in a feedback or contact form
- click the "share this" button on any page
- request further information about a specific topic
- send us an email
In these instances, we only keep your personal information so we can follow up with you, if necessary. We keep your personal information completely confidential. We will not rent, share, or trade it with anyone else. We will not use it to send you information that you did not specifically request.
Terms and Conditions
- You will only use this website for personal, educational, or non-commercial purposes.
- You will not use this website to infringe on the personal rights, property rights, or privacy rights of others.
- You will not modify the content of the website.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of this website by hacking, cracking, mail bombing, mounting a denial of service attack, breaching of netiquette, or any other similar, malicious, careless, or negligent conduct.
- Except where and then only in the manner expressly permitted, you will not upload content and you will never upload computer code of any type to this website.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property on this website and that you have only a limited right to use this website.
- You acknowledge that the City of Maple Ridge is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this website.
- You acknowledge that the City of Maple Ridge does not guarantee the accuracy or availability of this website.
You agree to be bound by the laws in British Columbia with respect to your use of the website and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the website will take place exclusively in the courts of British Columbia.
This Site is owned and operated by the City of Maple Ridge, and the City may modify, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use and availability of any portion of this Site at any time, without notice or liability to you. Your use of this Site may be monitored by the City and used for internal City purposes (subject to our Privacy statement) without liability to you, as provided for by law.
The material posted on the City of Maple Ridge's website is not an official statement of City policy, practice, services or procedure, and should not be construed as such. It is intended only to provide immediate and convenient access to information and so while efforts are made to provide accuracy and currency, the City cannot and does not guarantee that the information posted is always accurate or current. The City does not warrant or make any representations as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, maps, graphics, links and other items contained on its web pages.
The City makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the fitness of the information for any purpose or to results obtained by individuals using the information, and is not responsible for any action taken in reliance on the information obtained by you or used by you from the Site.
Bylaws, Council minutes, and corporate policies
The City's bylaws, Council meeting records, and policies on the Site are electronic copies made for uploading to the Site and so are not official versions. The official format may be different and may also have plans, pictures, other graphics, or text that may be missing or altered.
To get official versions of these electronic copies, contact the City directly.
Limited licence and restrictions on use
The use of photos, graphics, and text – the ‘materials' – from the website may be used only if:
- It would bring positive attention to the City;
- Be limited to public sections of websites;
- Shall reference the source of the materials; and
- Does not imply or convey the impression that the City endorses the reuse of the materials.
Except as expressly authorized by the City in writing, you may not (or enable others to):
- Modify, copy, obscure, remove, or display the City's name, logo, trademarks, text, notices, or images without City of Maple Ridge's express written permission.
- Include the term "City of Maple Ridge," or any City of Maple Ridge trademark or name of the Mayor, any City Councillor, or staff member, or any variation of the foregoing, as a meta-tag, hidden textual element, or any other indicator that creates an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement by City of Maple Ridge.
Links to external sites
Links to external websites posted on the City's website contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of the City. The City does not endorse, approve, certify, or control external websites and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficiency, timeliness or correctness of the information located at the sites. Reference to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the City.
Communications made through this Site's email and messaging system is for convenience only and shall not be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its affiliates or their respective councillors, officials, officers, agents, agencies, employees or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action or for any other purpose.
Linking to this Site
You may not link to this Site unless you comply with these linking conditions ("Linking Conditions"). The City now grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to this Site ("Link"), provided you comply at all times with the following conditions:
- The Link must resolve to a valid City page at this Site or to a page to which the City links as an extension of a task on a page, such as a third-party site that provides a service to the City, such as displaying maps, aggregating social media content, or displaying schedules.
- The text of the Link must read either "City of Maple Ridge," "Maple Ridge," "Maple Ridge, BC," "City of Maple Ridge, Canada" or "mapleridge.ca." You may not use any City of Maple Ridge logo or graphic, or any other City of Maple Ridge trademark, as part of the Link without the City's express written permission; and
- The Link and surrounding context on the linking site must not: (a) falsely represent or misrepresent any relationship between the linking site and the City, including suggestions of affiliation, endorsement, or sponsorship; (b) portray the City or its affiliates, or their products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner; or (c) deliver the Materials in a framed environment or alter the layout, content, look, or feel of the Site.
If you have created a Link that conforms to these Linking Conditions, then you also may include one or more Links to any internal or subsidiary page of this Site that is located one or several levels down from the homepages (known as "deep links"), provided, however, that all such deep links must be in close physical proximity to the Link that conforms to the Linking Conditions. You may not maintain numerous or pervasive Links to this Site.
User-generated content and license grant
You agree that you are solely responsible for all information, data, content, text, photographs, graphics, images, videos, messages, comments, quotations, files, documents, and any other materials that you submit, upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available via the Site ("Content"). By submitting, uploading, posting, e-mailing, or transmitting ("post") content to the Site, you represent and warrant that either you own all right, title, and interest in and to the Content or have express permission from the owner to copy and use such content for all purposes related to the Site. The City does not control and is not responsible for the content uploaded via the Site, and the City neither guarantees the accuracy, quality, or appropriateness of nor endorses any Content submitted to the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, menacing, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, offensive, blasphemous, libelous, unlawful, invasive of another's privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable to the local community as determined by the City in its sole discretion;
- Post any content that personally attacks or is derogatory toward the City as an entity, City employees, any City products or services, or any City Materials;
- Harm minors or other vulnerable populations groups in any way, including, but not limited to, posting content that violates pornography or child pornography laws, sexual exploitation laws, or laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationships or obligations;
- Post any content that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any patent, official mark, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or proprietary right or any moral right of any party;
- Except where reasonably required for the purposes of that section of the Site, post any personal information or specific account details about yourself or any person or entity;
- Post any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Post any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international laws, rules, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, or statutes.
You grant the City and its affiliates, and their respective councillors, officials, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and vendors a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid up, royalty-free, sub-licensable, and transferable right and licence to use, store, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, broadcast, perform, disclose, distribute, sell, reproduce, and create derivative works from any Content, in whole or in part, in any medium or technology throughout the world, including any inventions, concepts, techniques, know-how, ideas, or expressions of ideas arising out of or based on the Content, for any purpose in City of Maple Ridge's sole discretion, without the requirement of any permission from or compensation or notice, and without liability, to you or any third party. The City will exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to any derivative works or inventions created by or on behalf of the City that incorporate or otherwise make use of any Content, without the requirement of any permission from or compensation or notice, and without liability, to you or any third party.
The Content that you post on the Site will be subject to the Privacy statement, as set out by the City. The City will not be liable in any way for any Content or for the use or disclosure of any Content. You acknowledge that the City and/or its agents may or may not (but are not obligated to) monitor Content, but that the City will have the right in its sole discretion to monitor, post, move, refuse, or remove any Content, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, without notice and without liability.
Personal account information
Certain parts of this Site or third-party sites that provide a service to the City may be protected by passwords or require a login. Further, for authentication purposes, certain features on this Site may require you to answer a designated security question. You agree to provide the City with current, complete, and accurate information about you as prompted by the applicable registration process and agree to regularly update this information to maintain its completeness and accuracy. You agree to use this Site to access only those accounts on which you are authorized to act, and you agree to use your own user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers when accessing accounts on which you are authorized to act. You agree not to obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to such parts of, or features on, this Site, or to any other protected Materials or information, through any means not intentionally made available to you by the City.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account information, user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers that you use to access any page or feature on this Site, and for logging off of your account and any protected areas of the Site. Further, you are fully responsible for all activities occurring under your accounts, user names, logins, passwords, and security questions and answers that result from your negligence, carelessness, misconduct, or failure to use or maintain appropriate security measures. If you become aware of any suspicious or unauthorized conduct concerning your accounts, user names, logins, passwords, or security questions and answers, you agree to contact the City. The City will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this paragraph.
Services provided to you through this Site may involve the electronic transmission, including via any email address you provide to us, of information that you may consider to be personal financial information or promotional and informational materials, and you consent to such transmission and assume all risks associated with this method of transmission.
Data, information, and content
Except where expressly and then only to the extent otherwise stated, the materials on this Site are for information, education, and non-commercial purposes only. Although the City may provide data, information, and content relating to the operations of the City, you should not construe any such information or other content available through this Site as legal or tax advice. You alone will bear the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any Materials on this Site before making any decisions based on such Materials. In exchange for using such Materials, you agree not to hold the City or its third-party information providers liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on the Materials made available to you through this Site. By providing access to other websites, neither the City nor any of its affiliates is recommending the purchase or sale of the stock issued by any company, nor are they endorsing services provided by any website's sponsoring organization.
All official marks, trademarks, service marks, and logos appearing on this Site are the exclusive property of their respective owners.
All City graphics, logos, page headers, and service names are official marks, emblems, or trademarks of the City. The City's official marks, emblems and trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not the City's , in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among members of the public, or in any manner that disparages or discredits the City. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right in or to any of the City's official marks, emblems or trademarks.
Because of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules with respect to your account and your online conduct, including all laws, rules, codes, and regulations of any jurisdiction to which you are subject and from which you access this Site, including without limitation, all laws, rules, codes, regulations, decrees, acts, orders, directives, legislation, bills, and statutes pertaining to tax, contracts, intellectual property, securities, e-commerce, banking, technology, computers, fraud, and privacy. In addition, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, codes, and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Canada.
Data and other materials appearing on this Site that are provided by third parties are believed by the City to be obtained from reliable sources, but the City cannot guarantee and is not responsible for their accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability for use. The City is not responsible for, and does not prepare, edit, or endorse, the content, advertising, products, or other content on or available from any website owned or operated by a third party that is linked to this Site via hyperlink. The fact that the City has provided a link to a third party's website does not constitute an implicit or explicit endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by the City with respect to such website, its owners, providers, or services. You will use any such third-party content at your own risk and you agree that the City is not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer by using third-party websites or their content.
Timeliness of content
All content on this Site is presented only as of the date published or indicated, and may be superseded by subsequent events or for other reasons. In addition, you are responsible for setting the cache settings on your browser to ensure you are receiving the most recent data.
You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of this Site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the full extent permitted under applicable law, City of Maple Ridge and its affiliates, and their respective councillors, officials, officers, employees, agents, licensors, and any third-party information providers and vendors (collectively, the “City group”) expressly disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose, and all warranties regarding security, currency, correctness, quality, accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance, timeliness, or continued availability, with respect to (i) the Site; (ii) any materials, products, or services available on or through the Site; (iii) use of the Site, materials, products, or services; and (iv) the results of the use of the Site, materials, products, or services.
Further, the City group expressly disclaim all warranties with respect to any delays or errors in the transmission or delivery of any materials, products, or services available through this Site.
Except as provided by law, the City group has no responsibility to maintain the materials, products, or services offered on the Site or to supply corrections, updates, or releases for the same.
Liability and indemnity
Any materials downloaded or otherwise obtained through this Site are done at your own risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other equipment, or loss of data that results from such download.
Under no circumstances will the City group be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, revenue, income, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, or damages caused by theft, unauthorized access, systems failure, or communications line failure, or the cost of procuring substitute goods or services, caused by the use of or inability to use the Site, materials or any products or services provided on this Site, or any other matter relating to this Site, even if the City group has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Integration and severability
Applicable law and venue