Access Pass – Financial Assistance (Previously known as the Participation Program)
The City of Maple Ridge, strives to make Parks, Recreation & Culture services affordable for all residents. The Access Pass, a Financial Assistance program, is available to residents of the City of Maple Ridge, and offers reduced admission and program fees. Eligible residents will receive:
- 75% off admissions (including drop-in rates, 10 and 20 passes and 1 and 3 month memberships)
- 50% off 4 registered programs per year to a maximum of $50 per program.
You may qualify for the Access Pass if:
- You are a City of Maple Ridge resident (or)
- You are a refugee who has settled within the City of Maple Ridge (or)
- You are a First Nation member belonging to Katzie First Nation, and/or Kwantlen First Nation.
- And your family’s combined total income from line 150 of your Notice of Assessment(s) is less than the amount allowed for your family size – see the Family Size & Income Table below to learn your total income maximum number.
- And you have all required documents.
Statistics Canada, 2019 - Before Tax Low Income Cut-offs (based on a community size of 30,000-99,000)
- Family is defined as one primary applicant and/or their legally married or common-law partner, and their legal dependents.
- Family income is the total income, line 150 of Notice of Assessment(s) for all family members contributing to the household.
Income includes taxable and non-taxable income including, child support, long term disability, workers compensation, foreign investments and income and benefits or pension.
It does not include child tax benefits or universal child tax credits.
Accessing your Notice of Assessment (NOS)
Your NOS is an evaluation of your tax return that Canada Revenue Agency sends you every year after you file your tax return. To access your NOS:
- Sign in to your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Account or
- Call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281 and ask them to mail you a new copy of your NOS
How to Apply for the Access Pass
Step 1: Complete the Application Form (3 Options)
Option 1 - Online Application Form & Online Submission
- Please complete all relevant and required fields within the Online Application Form
- Prior to uploading your required document, please rename these documents with your last name.
**Required Documents include one of each of the following:
- Address related bill (Hydro, Gas, Internet, cable, landline, cell phone, Lease Agreement/ Residential Tenancy Agreement) – Please note: PO Box addresses are not accepted.
- Notice of Assessment for each person contributing to the household. Get a copy of your notice of assessment or reassessment here.
- Once the upload of the required documents is complete, return to the application form by using the tabs at the top of your browser.
- Please review your application form to ensure it is complete and accurate
- Press Submit
Option 2 - Print Application Form & In-Person Submission
To complete a paper application:
- Print this paper application form. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-467-7422 to schedule an appointment to pick up a printed application at the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre.
- Complete all relevant and required fields within the application.
- Attach a copy of the required documents (see **Required Documents above, under Option 1)
- Return your completed application and documents to the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre at 11925 Haney Place
- Review your documents to ensure they are complete
- Photocopy and return your original documents
- Submit your application and supporting documents for final review and processing which can take up to 10 days.
Option 3 - 3rd Party Adjudication (Partnership) Application
If you are receiving support through a 3rd party government and/or community agency:
- Complete the Primary Applicant & Partner/Dependent(s) section on either the Online Application Form or Printed Application Form
- Provide a signed copy of the Eligibility letter from an approved adjudicator. (An adjudicator can be one of the following: community organization, family support services, a professional in social work or family services, Immigration services, financial case worker, a school principle, and/or counsellor.)
You will receive a confirmation email or phone call within 10 days, with further instructions once your application has been reviewed and/or processed.
Please Note: Applications requiring additional screening can take up to 14 days.
If your agency is interested in becoming an Adjudicating Partner, please email Petra Frederick for a copy of the subsidized Maple Ridge Leisure Centre admissions and support services MOU.
Step 2: Your New Access Pass
What will you receive?
75% off admissions (including drop in rates, 10 and 20 passes and 1 and 3 month memberships) – 50% off 4 registered programs per year to a maximum of $50 per program.
Using your Access Pass
- You will receive a photo membership card upon your first visit. Please use your phone number on your application to access your account.
- If you register using online registration, your Access Pass discounts will automatically apply to registered programs or membership passes. To access your online registration account for the first time, please call 604-467-7422 for your personalized account link. Alternatively, visit our online registration page to register.
Grade 5 and 6 students residing in the City of Maple Ridge can experience the positive benefits of leisure and recreation at no charge!
Eligible students will have FREE access to drop-in activities offered through Maple Ridge Parks, Recreation & Culture at the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre (MRLC), Hammond Outdoor Pool (during operational season), and Planet Ice Maple Ridge (PIMR).
Visit our Grade 5 & 6 Active Pass page for full details.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps kids ages 4 to 18 participate in organized sports and recreation. For more detailed information, funding criteria and applications please visit Canadian Tire Jumpstart.
KidSport BC is a community based funding program that provides grants up to a maximum of $400 to help with the cost of registration fees for children under the age of 18 to participate in community sports. Applications are on the KidSport website. Completed forms can be dropped off at the Leisure Centre. For more information email KidSport.