Neighbourhood Small Grants
Welcome to Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG)Spring application period CLOSED. Fall applications will be accepted between September 7 and November 9.
Do you have an idea for your community?
The Neighbourhood Small Grants (NSG) program, a partnership between the Vancouver Foundation and the City of Maple Ridge, is a great way to connect neighbours and build community. Neighbourhoods are not just a physical location; they are where we gather, connect and build strong relationships!
Small Projects, Big Impact - Grants up to $500
"Small projects, big impact" is a guiding principle of the NSG program. NSG can help bring your ideas to life with grants up to $500 per project and are an opportunity to strengthen your community, support neighbours and bring people together.
In 2022, we are continuing with the program while prioritizing COVID-19 safety. We encourage residents to create community projects that uplift the spirits and ease the impacts of the pandemic by helping neighbours to strengthen connections, real and virtual. Only residents of Maple Ridge are eligible to apply. We require all applicants to follow current Public Health Orders (PHO) around gatherings and events. For more information on PHO’s visit BC Provincial Government website.
- Projects that share and exchange local assets /gifts online (ex: Arts & culture workshops, cooking demonstrations, virtual games night)
- Support for vulnerable or isolated community members
- Online Smartphone Photography for Tweens
- Virtual storytelling workshops
- Community Cleaning initiative
- Science Workshops
- Gardens 4 Kids project
- Arts for Good – virtual art class
- Healthy Food Cooking & Sharing/Recipe Book
Note: Equipment purchase is not an eligible cost. Regular block party applications will be accepted again when public health authorities allow public gatherings.
Applications for the fall season will be accepted starting September 7 - November 9. We encourage early application to avoid disappointment. All ideas and projects that receive funding for this intake must be completed by March 15, 2023. Submit your application online starting September 7.
Applications for Spring and Summer 2022 is now closed. Applicants who applied prior to the April 30 deadline will be contacted by a representative shortly regarding their project which is to be completed by November 30, 2022.
- Equipment purchase is not an eligible cost.
- Block party applications up to $250 will be accepted when public health authorities allow public gatherings.