The minimum qualifications required at the time of your application:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be Eligible for employment in Canada by meeting one of the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- A holder of a permanent resident card;
- A landed immigrant; or,
- Otherwise legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., holder of a work visa).
- Must hold a valid Driver's License
- Probationary or Graduated Driver’s License (Class 7) is acceptable with the understanding that you will attain a Class 5 License within 24 months being assigned to a hall.
- To be considered valid, a Driver’s License must have less than 7 demerits/points in any one year, a total of no more than 9 points in the past 5 years, no suspensions under section 215 of the motor Vehicle Act, no convictions under 320.14 of the Criminal Code of Canada, and no present suspensions or charges pending.
- A favourable Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Must reside within Maple Ridge boundaries by the end of recruit training.
- Successfully completed NFPA 1001 (including NFPA 472 Haz Mat Ops) course within the last 3 years, or have an older certification and currently a member of a volunteer or POC department.
- Have a current CPAT (dated within 1 year of application closing date).
- Have a current NFPA 1582 Fire Fighter Medical.
- A resident of Maple Ridge at the time of application.
- Advanced First Aid Training.
- Previous fire fighting or other related work.
- Class 1 & 3 Driver's License or air brake endorsement.
- NFPA 1002 certification (if applicable).
- Bronze Medallion or equivalent.
- Post Secondary Academic Diploma.
- Technical, trades or equivalent level certification.
- Other related Fire Department training.