Have Ideas or Feedback?Take Our Program Survey!
Our Response: BC Restart Plan
As of July 1, and our team is excited to gradually increase our services and capacity! Please scroll down and read the Our Response: BC Restart Plan tab below for details.
Please note that masks are recommended for people 12Y+, but not required, in public indoor settings.
Browse Our Programs & Activities
This page is best viewed in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge. You may experience problems with Internet Explorer 11 or earlier versions. If you encounter a display error, refresh the page or narrow your search using the filters on the left column.
How to Explore Our Programs & ActivitiesYou can explore our programs and activities in a few different ways:
- Use the window above.
- View our online guide.
- Log in to Online Registration on this page by clicking the button below "Register Online" that corresponds with your device (computer or mobile phone).
- Registration Dates
- Our Response: BC Restart Plan
- Hours & Options
- Back-To-Back Timeslots
- Cancellation, Refund & No Show Policy
Drop-in Programs & Activities
Since reopening our facilities and due to COVID-19, all drop-in programs and activities have required registration. Examples include drop-in use of the Fitness Centre, Group Fitness classes, Gymnasium, etc.
July Registered Drop-In is currently available.
- Running August 1 – 31
- Online Display Date | July 22
- Registration Date & Time | July 25 at 8:00 AM
Summer Seasonal Programs:
- Running June 15-August 31
- Registration is available now - explore our Summer Program Guide!
As of July 1, we are in Step 3 of the BC Restart Plan and our team is excited to gradually increase our services and capacity! We are currently in the process of refining our procedures, recruiting/training staff and preparing facilities in alignment with Public Health guidance, WorkSafe BC and industry-specific guidelines. We appreciate your patience as we conduct this work and understand the community’s eagerness to see changes; we are committed to moving through the remaining steps of the BC Restart Plan as safely and quickly as possible.
Below is an outline of our plans to date. Please continue to watch this page for updates and more information.
- Masks not required indoors, but recommended for those age 12Y+. Please remember to respect others’ choice to wear or not to wear a mask while in public indoor settings. If you choose to wear a mask, remember that masks are not to be worn in the water/pool.
- Health screenings no longer required at facility entrances and will be phased out online over the summer.
- Cleaning will continue in line with guidance from the Provincial Health Officer.
- Welcoming back a limited number of parents and spectators to watch indoor activities.
- Physical distancing is no longer required, however please respect others' personal space.
- Showers will reopen on July 26. All individual and accessible change rooms and washroom stalls are now open.
- Pre-registered timeslots continue for public swims at indoor/outdoor pools.
- Increased capacity for pre-registered public swims, length swims and aqua fitness.
- Water features (waterfall, bubblers) are now open.
- Some facility program equipment returns on July 12 for public use (aqua fitness, lessons, public swim).
- All lockers now available for use.
- Continue Pre-registered one-hour timeslots at MRLC Fitness Centre, with increased capacity. Patrons will have more freedom to move around and work out together.
- More cardio machines will make their way back on the floor by end of July.
- Smaller pieces of fitness equipment such as bosu balls, bands, medicine balls will be brought back by mid-July.
- We thank our customers for cleaning equipment after every use. Please keep those great habits going!
- Outdoor and low-intensity fitness classes continue with increased capacity.
- High-intensity fitness classes resumed on July 1, 2021.
Drop-in Activities (Other):
- Increased capacity for drop-in activities – pre-registration continues at this time.
- Racquetball and squash return at the Maple Ridge Leisure Centre, with pre-registration required.
Summer Camps/Registered Programs:
- Additional capacity may be added over the summer, starting with those on waiting lists.
- Outdoor special events such as the Farmers Market, Happenings (Drive-In Movies and In-Person Performances) and outdoor music will continue as flow through festivals and special events. Fairs and festivals outdoors can return to normal operations with a communicable disease plan. Visit the Festivals & Events page for updates and the Hosting a Community Event page for guidelines, resources and to submit a special event application.
Hours & Options
Online registration is available 24/7. You can use the device of your choice (computer or mobile phone) by clicking the corresponding button under "Register Online" above.
You can call 604-467-7422 to register during our Phone-In Hours (below); however, please note that we are experiencing high volumes of calls at this time. Please remain on hold to secure your spot in the queue or, if you are unable to hold, please consider our Online registration option. If your call is regarding cancellations, changes to an existing registration, or a non-urgent inquiry please email email@example.com.
Phone-In Hours (604-467-7422)
M-F | 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM & 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Sa | 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Su | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 24 hour notice to receive your refund and to free your space up to those who are waitlisted. While you may call 604-467-7422 to cancel your registration, we are experiencing high volumes of calls at this time and you may need to remain on hold while we assist others already in the queue. Our full Cancellation & Refund Policy is available in another tab.
You may book back-to-back drop-in timeslots at no extra cost for the Fitness Centre, Indoor Sport Courts, Gymnasium, Indoor Pool and Outdoor Pool. You may not book back-to-back for registered programs to give as many patrons as possible the chance to register (*exception below).
- Back-to-back bookings of two of the same aquatics programs are only permitted if the second registration is completed within 24 hours of the program start time. If a back-to-back booking is discovered outside the 24 hour window the customer will be withdrawn from the second booking.
Example: A customer registers into Friday, March 10 8:00 AM Aqua Fitness. On Thursday, March 9, the customer determines that there is space in a 9:00 AM Aqua Fitness on March 10, which is back-to-back with the session in which they are already registered. Because there is space in the program and it is within the 24 hour window, this customer may register into back-to-back Aqua Fitness timeslots on March 10 at 8:00 AM AND 9:00 AM.
CUSTOMER REFUND REQUESTS - Refunds will be issued prior to the start date of the second class and will be pro-rated. Nonattendance without notification is not accepted as a refund request. Single day programs must give 24 hours notice or no refund will be issued.
NO SHOW FEE - If you have registered for a program but cannot attend, please email email@example.com to withdraw at least 24 hours before the start time in order to free space for others. A $5 no show fee will be applied to a customer’s account (that must be paid prior to their next visit) if:
- The customer chooses not to show up for their program AND
- The customer fails to withdraw 24+ hours before start time AND
- The program for which the customer was registered is full/has a waitlist
MEDICAL REFUND REQUESTS - Due to COVID-19, we have temporarily waived the necessity of a doctor’s note. Those who must withdraw from a multi-day program for medical reasons can do so without the note and need only inform City staff prior to the end of their multi-day program. Likewise, for single day camps, we will provide refunds without a doctor’s note should your child show symptoms the morning of camp. Please notify Registration as soon as possible.
CLASS TRANSFER POLICY - A class transfer may be possible based on availability, prior to the start of the second class. If there is no space available in the requested class, a refund will be processed in accordance with the Refund Policy.