Tree BylawThe Tree Protection & Management Bylaw 7133-2015 was adopted by Council on January 12, 2016.
The bylaw focuses on responsible management and mitigation measures for tree removal to minimize impacts on neighbouring properties, to encourage preservation measures where possible, and to promote tree replacement measures across the community where tree cutting practices are taking place.
- Bulletin 001 (PDF) - Tree Permits in Urban, Urban Reserve and Rural Lots less than 0.5 HA
- Bulletin 002 (PDF) - Tree Permits in Rural areas on Lots greater than 0.5 HA
- Bulletin 003 (PDF) - Tree Permits for Building, Development and Large Scale Clearing
- Bulletin 004 (PDF) - Arborist Report Requirements
- Bulletin 005 (PDF) - Tree Management Plan requirements
- Bulletin 006 (PDF) - Tree Protection Specifications
- Bulletin 007 (PDF) - Replacement Tree Requirements
- Bulletin 008 (PDF) - Bird Nesting
Tree InformationInformation document about Tree Topping (PDF).
Street Tree Information For Developers
- Street Tree Process in New Developments (PDF)
- Street Tree Specifications (PDF)
- Schedule C - Street Tree Installation Review Checklist (Fillable PDF)
- Schedule E - Street Tree Final Review Checklist (Fillable PDF)