|# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z|
Back to Top
- Access Management - Policy 9.14 - To outline how to access major and minor arterial roads through redevelopment
- Area Planning Assessment - Policy 6.30 - To assist in the selection of future area plans
- Arts and Cultural Plan - Policy 4.13 - To provide direction, commitment and vision for the arts and culture
- Bylaw Enforcement - Management of Records - Policy 5.29 - To manage bylaw enforcement records in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Cannabis Retail Processing and Evaluation Criteria - Policy 6.33 - To set out the processing & evaluation criteria applied to all referrals from the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch regarding applications for Private Cannabis Retail Stores
- Committees of Council - Policy 3.11 - To establish guidelines for the formation and operation of Committees of Council
- Community Amenity Contribution Program - Policy 6.31 - To provide a variety of amenities in a financially sustainable manner.
- Community Directory and Events Calendar Postings on Website - Policy 5.54 - Standards on postings to the eEvents calendar and the community directory on the district's website.
- Community Grants - Policy 5.56 - To establish open and transparent guidelines for the evaluation and distribution of community grants, respecting the limited financial resources available for this purpose
- Control of Superficial and Groundwater Discharge in the Area Bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue, 224 Street and the Crest of the Fraser River Escarpment - Policy 6.23 - To set out conditions for the consideration of superficial or groundwater discharge in the area bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue and 224 Street to the crest of the Fraser River Escarpment without compromising the stability of the entire escarpment (This policy should be read in conjunction with Policy No. 6.24 - " Subdivision of, or building on, land within 300 metres of the Crest of the Fraser River Escarpment.")
- Corporate Asset Management - Policy 9.13 - To manage City assets and secure long-term infrastructure sustainability
- Corporate Communications and Community Engagement - Policy 5.57 - To set out guidelines and principles and define our approach to communications and community engagement.
- Council and Staff Liaison Roles - Policy 3.10 - To clarify the roles and responsibilities of Council and Staff liaisons
- Council Meeting Delegations - Policy 3.14 - To provide consistent and transparent guidelines to permit delegations to address Council in a meeting environment
- Council Meeting Minute Taking Standards - Policy 3.16 - To provide consistent and transparent guidelines to ensure that an accurate account
of the decisions of Council are recorded in the permanent record of the City, and for viewing by the public
- Council Meeting Public Question Period - Policy 3.15 - To provide consistent and transparent guidelines to permit members of the public to ask questions of Council in a meeting environment
- Council Training, Conferences, and Association Building - Policy 3.07 - To manage the council training, conferences and association building budget
- Criminal Record Checks Requested for Nonpaid Volunteer Fees - Policy 5.03 - To allow nonpaid volunteers, working with "high-risk" groups, to apply for a fee exemption
- Detached Garden Suite - Policy 6.29 - To provide a framework for the regulation of a detached garden suite
- Development Cost Charges - Installment Payment Due Dates - Policy 5.14 - To establish the schedule of installment payments for development cost charges where the developer has elected to pay by installments
- Development Cost Charges - Installment Payment Security - Policy 5.15 - To define the acceptable securities that may be used to guarantee the recovery of development cost charge installments
- Development Information Meetings - Policy 6.20 - Minimum standards for the hosting a meeting by a developer to inform the public of proposed development changes in their neighbourhood
- Development of Lands Adjacent to Kanaka Creek Regional Park - Policy 6.03 - Development standards for urban lands adjacent to the park boundary
- Development Sign Specifications - Policy 6.21 - Specifications to ensure proper notification of proposed development changes
- Disposal of Found Goods - Policy 10.01 - To provide direction to City and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) staff with regard to property that has come into the possession of the RCMP or the City.
- Excess or Extended Services and Latecomer Payments - Policy 9.11 - To outline procedures for calculating and recovering the upfront construction costs where the City has required a Developer to provide Excess or Extended Services
- Facility Rental Fee Waiver - Registration Subsidy Rebate - Policy 4.27 - To permit a waiver of a portion of rental fees for groups that offer reduced fees to residents who otherwise would not be able to participate in the activity.
- Festival Support - Policy 4.22 - To provide guidelines for the equitable resource allocation of financial and in-kind support to qualified festivals, events and groups
- Filming in Maple Ridge - Policy 9.04 - To document that the film industry's use of Maple Ridge provides economic benefits and community recognition
- Financial Support Process Policy - Policy 5.49 - To evaluate requests for support using a standard process to ensure the best use is made of available budget dollars
- Financial Sustainability Plan Policy - A proactive strategy is required that will lay the groundwork for the continuance of high quality services and provide a legacy for future generations; it will position the City to meet financial obligations and take advantage of opportunities that arise; it will also mean that residents can look forward to equitable and affordable taxation
- Flags and Banners - Policy 30.06 - To provide guidelines for accepted protocols and procedures for requests to fly or hang flags or banners
- Floathome Moorage - Policy 6.08 - To provide a management framework to allow water based residential uses
- Fraser River Escarpment - Policy 6.23 - To set out conditions for the consideration of surficial or groundwater discharge in the area bounded by 207 Street, 124 Avenue and 224 Street to the crest of the Fraser River Escarpment without compromising the stability of the entire escarpment
- Gaming Revenue - Policy 5.55 - Used to fund non-recurring items, for example, capital improvements that cannot be funded through development charges.
- Heritage Plaque - Policy 6.07 - To identify the objectives of the Heritage Plaque Program
- Information Security - Policy 5.47 - To ensure that district computer and information resources are safe for their intended use
- Infrastructure Inspections - Policy 9.12 - To ensure that inspections are carried out in defined locations and to confirm that public infrastructure is in acceptable condition
Back to Top
Back to Top
- Landscape Security - Policy 6.28 - To establish a formal policy regarding the receiving and the return of landscape securities for various permits
- Legal Counsel - Policy 5.53 - To set out the authority and process for the retention of external legal counsel
- Light Up City Hall - Policy 4.33 - To establish the process and criteria for organizations to apply to 'Light Up City Hall' using an exterior lighting system that can be programmed to change colours to recognize important events, cultural celebrations or commemorative days
- Litigants' Representations with Council - Policy 5.26 - To address the issue of litigants appearing before council
- Local Area Service Policy - Policy 5.01 - To set conditions under which the district will consider installation of services
- Mayor and Council Correspondence - Policy 3.08 - To establish a protocol for response to correspondence addressed to mayor and council
- Manufactured Home Park Redevelopment Tenant Assistance - Policy 6.27 - To establish measures for rezoning applications that propose the redevelopment of properties used as mobile home parks
- City Lands - Acquisition - Policy 5.28 - To govern a fair and equitable approach to property acquisition
- City Lands - Disposition of Proceeds - Policy 5.11 - To ensure the City has future resources to acquire additional lands
- City Lands - Permanent Disposition - Policy 5.10 - To govern when City lands shall be deemed to be available for permanent disposition
- City Lands - Posting for Sale or Lease - Policy 5.08 - Posting City lands for sale or lease
- City Lands - Valuation for Disposition Purposes - Policy 5.09 - To govern the valuation of City lands
Back to Top
- Neighbourhood Pub - Policy 6.13 - Methods for determining community opinion
- Outdoor Burning Regulations - Zero Tolerance - Policy 8.01 - To establish a zero tolerance policy with respect to violations
- Panhandle Lot - Policy 6.02 - To permit panhandle lots under certain conditions
- Park and Facility Advertising - Policy 4.28 - To outline the process for a company or business to advertise in City parks, buildings or facilities.
- Parkland - Acquisition through CDMR Development Ltd. - Policy 5.25 - To provide for the acquisition of parkland
- Parks, Recreation & Culture Fees and Charges - Policy 4.21 - To provide a framework for the establishment of fees and charges for Parks, Recreation & Culture services
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.16 - "Homes for the Care of Children" and the "Relief of the Aged, the Poor, the Disabled and the Infirm"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.17 - "Private Hospitals and Day Cares"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.18 - "Community Halls"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.19 - "City Recreational Services"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.20 - "Churches"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.21 - "Private Schools"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.22 - "Youth Recreation Groups"
- Permissive Tax Exemptions - Policy 5.23 - "Heritage Sites"
- Pest Management - Policy 4.18 - To formalize practices which have consistently been followed to reduce the introduction of pesticides to the environment to an absolute minimum; the presence and effects of pest species will be tolerated at population levels which do not threaten host survival or render facilities unusable
- Petitions to Council - Policy 3.13 - To outline the process for receipt and forwarding of public petitions to Council, and their placement on the Regular Council Agenda
- Policy Development and Maintenance - Policy 3.09 - To provide guidelines and standards to support the effective development and maintenance of legislative and operational policies
- Prison Work Crews - Policy 4.16 - To permit the use of inmate work crews to supplement the regular maintenance program and special projects work of the parks and leisure services and Public Works Departments and associated volunteer organizations (i.e., Adopt a Block, ARMS, Equestrian Trails Council, etc.)
- Proclamations - Policy 3.02 - To eliminate the need for City Council approval and publication of proclamations
- Public Hearing Process - Policy 3.17 - To set timelines and procedures for public participation at Public Hearings
- Public Private Partnership - Policy 5.50 - To ensure that public private partnerships are guided by the Public Private Partnership Handbook
- Public Private Partnership Handbook - A systematic guide to dealing with Public Private Partnerships
- Public Solicitations - Policy 3.01 - Criteria for determining if public solicitations will be considered
- Procurement - Policy 5.45 - To ensure that all goods, services and construction will be procured in a competitive, fair and open manner.
Back to Top
- Recordings of Council Meetings - Policy 3.12 - To provide guidelines for the live streaming and transparent management of recordings of Council meetings
- Recreation Access - Policy 4.23 - To ensure that programs and supports are provided to groups and individuals that may have challenges when accessing leisure opportunities
- Regulation of Earth Fill Within Floodplains - Policy 9.10 - To evaluate the potential impact of the placement of fill within a floodplain
- Resident Exemption and Resident Only Parking - Policy 9.09 - To ensure that neighbourhood parking issues are addressed in a balanced, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Respectful Workplace - Policy 30.11- The fundamental objectives of this policy are to prevent harassment from occurring in the workplace and to provide procedures for addressing incidents or complaints should they arise.
- Road Exchanges - Valuation When Requirement of Development Process - Policy 6.10 - Method to determine value when road dedication and road exchange are required under the same development application
- Security Deposits - Policy 5.07 - To establish the types of securities that are acceptable to the district as security deposits
- Sewer Area - Extension Into the Agricultural Land Reserve - Policy 9.02 - Criteria with respect to sewer extension into the Agricultural Land Reserve
- Show Home Building Application - Policy 6.22 - To address market demand to showcase individual developments to prospective clients
- Single Family Residential Building Permit Frontage Improvements - Policy 6.34 - To outline the procedures for determining when construction or cash in lieu for Frontage Improvements are required as a condition of single family residential building permits
- Snow and Ice Control - Policy 9.08 - To define the parameters under which snow and ice are cleared from City of Maple Ridge roads.
- Social Media Policy - 30.10 - To define how the City will manage interactions on social media as well as define the accountability for City staff in their interactions on social media
- Sponsorship - Policy 4.20 - To provide framework for the acceptance of monetary contributions, products and services and in-kind offerings to the Parks, Recreation & Culture Department
- Sport Field Closure / Damage Deposits - Policy 4.19 - To manage and monitor sports fields and field conditions
- Sport and Physical Activity - Policy 4.24 - to establish principles that value and celebrate sport and physical activity as an integral component in a healthy and active community
- Tandem Parking Garage Units Within Townhouse Developments - Policy 6.35 - To restrict the amount of tandem parking garage units provided within a townhouse development and to reduce the need for a Development Variance Permit should a variance be warranted based on site-specific conditions.
- Telecommunications Tower Siting Protocol - Protocol - To establish procedural standards that will allow the district to effectively participate in and influence the placement of telecommunication antenna structures proposed within the district
- Tenant Relocation Assistance - Policy 6.32 - To ensure that existing rental tenants are not impacted or displaced as a result of proposals to redevelop properties with purpose-built rental housing
- Traffic Calming - Policy 9.07 - To provide a framework to enable the City and affected residents to identify neighbourhood transportation issues, determine if traffic calming is a suitable solution, and design and implement traffic calming plans where appropriate
Back to Top
- Video Surveillance (CCTV) - Policy 30.15 - To set guidelines for the implementation of any video surveillance in City owner or occupied buildings or outdoor public spaces, and set the rules for governing access and disclosure of stored video images
- Volunteerism - Policy 4.12 - To ensure that all avenues are made available for volunteer development and experiences and that volunteers are duly recognized for their efforts and commitment
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top
Back to Top